Working In Healthcare: CareGiver
Disclaimer: This post is for EDUCATIONAL purposes only. I am not a medical professional nor do I claim to be one. Please seek advice from a trusted medical professional should you have have any questions.
While I'm not yet legally licensed, I still do my best to follow all Universal and federal laws of medicine. (Because at the end of the day, my work is judged by Spirit.) So, what is a caregiver? A caregiver is someone who tends to the needs or concerns of a person who is ill long or short term.
Caregivers are usually licensed either with a CNA or RN; however, caregivers can also be family members willing to take on this important role. Usually paid, but can be unpaid as well. Being a caregiver, like any other profession in the medical field, is very important.
Being a caregiver means that you go to your patient's appointments, check in with them, make sure they are okay and have everything they need and give them their medications too. While this is a "easier" role, it is still very much so challenging and sometime traumatizing too.

Comments
Post a Comment